DaveTheCarGuy
DaveTheCarGuy, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  AAS in Automotive Technology.
75818362

2001 Suzuki Vitara, will crank but wont start

2001 Suzuki Vitara, will crank but won't start when all dash light are not on. When I turn the key and the engine light, o/d light and power light do not light up it will not start. I have to turn key a few times till all the lights come on and it will start. When the lights aren't all on. There is no sound like the pump being primed, which is usually followed by a click

DaveTheCarGuy :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today

DaveTheCarGuy :

Are you able to start the vehicle after the many key attempts, or does it not stop?

DaveTheCarGuy :

*not start, sorry

Customer:

it will start after a few attempts. sometimes a dozen and other times a couple of tries. it does it about once a day,

DaveTheCarGuy :

This sounds it could be from a few different issues, most commonly: poor battery connections, or an ignition switch issue. We will start with the battery connections as that repair is much cheaper. Remove each battery cable from the battery and inspect the connection surfaces, they should be clean and free of corrosion.

DaveTheCarGuy :

If they are dirty or corroded, clean them with some sand paper.

Customer:

I can try that tomorrow and get back to you. It's beddy bye time. How would I get back to you or would I just come back on this site and maybe get another expert if you're not available or are we done and that is your final solution?

Customer:

If you have anything else you have my email