Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.

Saab 93 SE convertible: both my 2003 Saab seat belts will not

both my 2003 Saab seat belts will not come out of the retractors. I was checking all the fuses for my horn. could that have triggered somethin? They worked last night.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your seat belt retractors should be equipped with the ATS system (automatic tensioning system) in an event in a collision.This will keep the retractors from pulling out and hold them tight where they are position in a collision event.

I would check and make sure if you remove any fuses that they were all installed in their correct positions.If these are found to be o.k. next I would have the fault codes checked to see if any codes have set in the vehicles computers mainly the air bag computer.There were some issues with these retractors failing and Saab did release a bulletin on these to replace the retractors to correct this fault as this needed to be done by a dealer and may be covered under warranty on some models still.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

How about"was it parked on an incline"?

Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
I don't think the emergency retractors would fault like this being parked on an incline unless the air bag computer though the angle of the vehicle was severe enough to set them off,in this case the seat belt retractors would need replaced.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Thanks,

I moved it to flat ground and they worked.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Pete,

any idea where the relay switch and/or the fuse is for the horns in this car. the horn does not work and I can't see a relay or fuse marked horn. Is it an inline fuse? Thanks again.

Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
Your vehicles horn relay is located in the under hood fuse box.It should be the third relay up from the bottom right hand side of the relay box.
Fuse #3 in this fuse box should be the horn fuse as well.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete