Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

95 crown victoria ford: remote wont unlock car .it will start

remote won't unlock car .it will start car and unlock trunk and lock doors but not unlock doors
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. Do you only have 1 remote? Considering everything else works tells me the remote has probably failed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have only one remote ..have put in new battery....but still the same result

I would buy a new remote, you can get one on ebay for cheap and reprogram yourself. Give me a few minutes and I'll get you a link to buy one and instructions to program. Thanks.
I mean to ask, is this a factory remote or aftermarket? If not sure, can you send me a picture? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was put in by the previuos owner

You will need to find out what brand it is and buy a new remote. If you can tell me the brand or take a picture of remote I can try to help you find it. Let me know, thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It says autostart on the remote.....sorry can't send picture

Ok I'll do some research and post my findings in a hour or two so check back then. Thanks Loraie.
It looks like there are multiple different systems. I'm going to need a picture or a model # XXXXX the remote. Your easiest option would be calling around to find a place that installs autostart systems then buy the remote from them. If you can give me a picture or # XXXXX remote I'm happy to look into it more but as of now there are way too many options to figure anything out just off the Autostart brand. Let me know, thanks.