Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Porsche 911 Carrera: reverse light blinks and will not engage

reverse light blinks and will not engage on my 2001 911 cabrio. all other gears work flawlessly when driven
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With this light blinking like this here and reverse not engaging this is indicating a fault has been detected by the computer/ecu.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out with a scan tool that can communicate with this vehicles computers to see what codes have set.

Once this has been done then it can be diagnosed as to what is at fault and then repaired from there to correct this fault.This may be a fault with an electronic solenoid in the transmission itself or possibly even a shifter fault.Having the codes checked will help isolate which component is causing this here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete