Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

i have my hyundai elantra DOHC 2.0 WILL NOT START,but if

i have my hyundai elantra DOHC 2.0 WILL NOT START,but if i put starting gas in the throtle it goes start and i can drive it any where

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a lack of fuel causing this issue.I have seen in several cases before where the fuel pump isn't supplying enough fuel pressure or volume to the engine for start up.It may be enough pressure to run the engine when started but on start up your pump has to create max pressure.

I would have the fuel pressure tested to see if it is low.This will require a fuel pressure test gage.If found low I suspect this is either a restricted fuel filter possibly or a weak fuel pump needing replaced.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete