Isuzu Rodeo: 3 weeks ago my 1996 Isuzu Rodeo (V6, 5 speed,

3 weeks ago my 1996 Isuzu Rodeo (V6, 5 speed, single owner, 124,000 miles) would not start. The battery turned over but the engine would not ignite. An hour later, my neighbor tried it and it started. The next day it started and I ran errands and came back, no problem. 3 days later, it wouldn't start again and the battery was wearing down. I called AAA to have it towed to my mechanic. The tow driver swore I was out of gas because the gauge didn't register. I knew better as I always keep at least a half tank of gas in my car. He towed it to the gas station and we put $10 of gas in it. It started. The driver took my car off the flatbed and went on his way. Now I had a half tank and $10 worth of gas. I drove to my mechanic, figuring at the very least I needed a new battery. They ran diagnostics, couldn't find anything wrong with it and put in the new battery. It has started and run fine until today - now it won't start again - battery sounds fine, but nothing connects. Where should we look next? Solenoid? IAC valve? I'm at a loss! Thanks for your help and suggestions! Brenda Zeller, Murrells Inlet, SC
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX sounds like a bad fuel pump and it is common for it to be intermittent, is the vehicle dead right now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I guess you would say it's dead. The battery (brand new) turns over but the car doesn't start... :(

ok, we can check to see if its a fuel issue by spraying some saterter fluid into the ointake and cranking it over, if it starts breifly, its a fuel problem, and most likely a fuel pump, can you try this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't have starter fluid and I wouldn't even begin to know where to find the intake, so no, unfortunately, I can't try this.

this really souynds like a bad fuel pump, anothe rtest you can do that sometimes works, is to have some one crank the engine over, then take a hammer and bang on the fuel tank underneath, if the vehicle starts, then its a bad fuel pump, the fuel pump is inside the tank, and by banging on it, can jar the pump and sometimes it runs again, the only other option is to get a fuel pressure gauge and manually check the fuel pressure,Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that makes sense to me - I'll see if I can get a neighbor to help me with the banging on the tank bit. I'm thinking that probably everything got jostled around when AAA pulled my car up onto the flatbed and that's why it started for him (or maybe that little bit of gas we added did something), eh? If I can't get it started, I'll have it towed again and have my mechanic check out the fuel pump. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX appreciate you.

Anytime my friend,Tim