Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

545i: Have an error fault code 2772, vent fault code, would

Have an error fault code 2772, vent fault code, would like to know where it's located and instructions on replacement.

Thanks.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Is this the emissions evap vent valve you are looking for here on this vehicle?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's the tank vent valve I was looking for, I heard it was near the throttle body but I don't see it, and also I had a couple battery sensor codes as well.

Are there any other fault code numbers set besides this code number as this code number isn't coming up in my list of codes on this model?

Let me know,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have battery sensor code 299B,C,D. And 29A8, And 29AE and 2772. It says vent valve activation for the code 2772.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Also could you let me know where the tank breather valve is located. Thanks.

O.k.,for code 2772 this code will indicate a fault with the EVAP purge valve.

My info is limited on this model and finding this valve location seems to be difficult.The info I did locate is it should be located behind the power steering fluid tank attached to the engine itself.It should have a couple of vent hoses attached to it and an electrical connector.

You may have to remove the engine air filter assembly and the power steering tank to locate it.

Unfortunately my info doesn't list the other codes you have here for the battery sensor.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay, getting conflicting info here, someone else said it's on the driver side. this is the part number XXXXXXXXXXX /p>

Your part number didn't show up here,can you re type it without dashes or spaces?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

13907506739

O.k.,this info HERE does show this on the drivers side.My info isn't the clearest on this valve and everywhere I check it looks like this is a difficult valve to locate.But looking at this valve you should be able to open the hood and locate it compared to how it looks in this picture.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll check it, put that's a different motor. mine is not in the front right there, not sure where it is.

O.k.,let me know if you can locate it as well if you need anything else here.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for the info, im in the garage now looking and cant seem to find it.

graphic

graphic

Do you see anything like the pictures posted above under the hood by the brake booster,firewall or on the intake.It should have hoses and an electrical connector attached to it.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I found it, might be a little difficult to take off though.

Thats great to hear it has been located.You may have to remove certain engine components to access and replace this.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yeah, it has these plastic clamps on there that are hard to get off, look like they twist and pull

Is there any way you can take a picture of these and upload them here using the tree or paper clip icon so I can see if I can tell how they are released?

Let me know,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

plug

O.k.,if it is the clips that hold the pipes to the valve itself if you look where the clips have ridges or lines on it squeeze this and the bottom one on this clip to open up the clip and pull the hose off while holding squeezed.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, thanks.

Your welcome.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I appreciate all the help.

Your welcome.I apologize I couldn't locate all of the info on this.
Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Pretty much solved the problem except for those battery sensor codes, can't seem to find any info on them.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you have any info on those?
Unfortunately my info doesn't list the battery sensor codes so I don't have any diagnostic steps to follow for those codes.You can open a new question HERE on those codes to see if anyone else here has info on them.

Thanks Pete