Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Mitsubishi Diamante LS: fault codes po755 and p0760. Trans

fault codes po755 and p0760. Trans has been rebuilt and codes still coming back and trans going into fail safe mode when goes to shift form 1st to 2nd gear. 2001 diamante
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When the transmission was rebuilt if none of the electrical solenoids were replaced inside of it this can cause this issue here.I have also seen where the PCM (engine and transmission computer) can fail internally and can cause this issue.

These need to be checked into/tested further to see if this is due to faulty solenoids or a faulty PCM.If the solenoids were replaced this may be the PCM itself at fault or wiring leading from the PCM to the transmission damaged needing repaired.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All soleniods were checked and tested. Checked ok wiring was ohm tested in trans all ok.

O.k.,according to the code info I show on these codes here for your vehicle if the solenoids have been tested and you know for sure they are o.k. as well as all wiring then this leaves the PCM itself at fault internally electronically needing replaced.

I suspect this is the case here on your vehicle with all of these components being o.k.The PCM can fail as I have seen before and had to replace.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can I replace the tcm with a used one from another 2001 diamante with the same part number?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can I Replace it with a used tcm out of another 2001 Diamante with the same part number on the tcm?

I apologize for the delay.

If the TCM has the same part number and came out of the same model vehicle with the same engine and transmission then you should be able to swap it out with a used one that fits.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I put the used TCM in my car would not start. Do I Need to reprogram the key to this TCM?

My info isn't showing any program procedure for this but my info may not have everything listed as well on what needs done.If you have a dealer nearby I would contact a dealer and ask if any programming needs done once this is installed or if any setup needs done with a scan tool.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK thanks for your help.

Your welcome.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete