Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

LEXUS RX300: LEXUS RX300 2001; Dashboard lights, heater and

LEXUS RX300 2001; Dashboard lights, heater and passenger window electrical switch (operated from drivers door) all stop working intermittently when driving.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With an intermittent electrical fault like this here this sounds like loose or damaged wiring at fault causing this.Since these are operated from the drivers door assembly I would inspect the wiring where it runs from the door to the body to see if any cuts or chafing is found in the wiring.You may have to inspect the wiring inside the door as well for any damage.

If any damage is located it will need repaired to correct this here.If no wiring is found at fault let me know and we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Pete, thanks for your answer but the fault does not seem linked to the drivers door, let me list the faults;

• Heater stops working

• Dashboard lights stop working

• Temperature guage stops working

• Passenger airbag warning light flashes

• The electric windows (other than the driver's side) do not operate from the main control on the drivers door panel

• The wireless fobs (both of them) have stopped working

• The alarm sounds when unlocking the car, regardless of if you use the Master ignition key or spare

So as you can see quite a few issues not limited to the drivers door

Any help advice would be appreciated

And to be sure are all of these issues intermittent and occurring at the same time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes that's correct
O.k.,unfortunately I don't have any wiring diagrams on this model vehicle here but from what you have described this still sounds like a loose or corroded connection.This sounds more of a power or ground feed to these components.

I would check electrical connections in the fuse boxes where the voltage feed comes in at as well as the battery and where the battery cables run to to make sure none of these are loose or corroded.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete