tech0405, Technician
Experience:  Certified technican 10 years experience

Volkswagen Jetta: Hi I changed the loc mechanism on 2006 vw

Hi I changed the loc mechanism on 2006 vw jetta rear right side opens and closes fine but won't lock with Central locking if I lock it manually it unlocks with the central locking ok
Did you replace it with a new one?? also do you mean the door latch actuator??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes replaced actuater with a new one
Aftermarket of from vw ?? also did you make sure the cable from the latch to the handle was properly adjusted ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Aftermarket and yes the cable to handle is fine door opens no problem it's just when trying to lock door with central locking if I lock it manually it opens no problem with the central locking
Ok it seems like there is a issue with the part because the micro switch is build into the latch and its not working properly remove the door panel inside and manually lock the latch and hit the unlock button on the remote and see if there signal from the motor which is the control module from that door to the latch when the unlock button is activated if it has a signal and the latch still wont work then you need a new part, I hope this helps . I hope this helps .

Positive feedback is greatly appreciated Gareth