Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

My 2.7 S TYPE AUTO DIESEL 2005 car giving me a few problems. Started with a electronic brake fault also 3 letters (Adc)? I have noticed for a while the car surges into gear when stop at junction/lights) Last week car had the same message then restricted performance and when I stopped engine wouldn't restart. Towed into to jaguar who told me I had both EGR valves fail and map sensor? They also told me battery failed and this caused the electronic brake fault. Jaguar Replaced new battery but message came back yesterday. I cleaned the 2 pipes going into the EGR valves and cleaned the egr valves as best I could while the pipes were off. The valves didn't appear to be seized? When I drove the car yesterday I felt the gears wasn't changing as they should and 4 miles later the fault came up would appreciate some advise Regards

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your egr valves are actuating but possibly sticking open this may cause an issue with the surge you have here.I have seen egrs fail by sticking open when they should be closing or closed and can cause this.

If you are receiving the same fault codes for the egr valves I suspect this may be the case here if they have not been replaced.

If the dealer/shop did not check the fault codes in the brake system this needs done as well just to see if any codes have set that are related to this issue.If one or more codes have set in the brake system they would need diagnosed for this issue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Pete, does this mean that if the EGR valves were replaced this could stop the surging forward and also stop me having the electronic brake fault. (the fault would need to be cleared after EGR valves replaced)?

I would first make sure the codes are checked/read out of the brake system to see if any other codes (brake codes) come up at all.If there are brake codes set (as the egr isn't a brake code) then the brake codes would need diagnosed to locate any faults with the brake system.

If there are no brake codes or if the brake codes are repaired/resolved and the surging continues and you continue to see the egr fault codes with what has been done I suspect a fault with the egr valves.Faulty operating egr valves can cause running and surging issues.

You would need to clear the codes after the repairs.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete