Jack
Jack, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  I have been an automotive technician for over 15 years and have worked on most makes and models.

Hello, I am trying to find out about the problems i may have

Hello, I am trying to find out about the problems i may have putting a truck under load after an accident. I have not yet found out if the trucks frame is damaged. However from the parking lot video my truck is seen flexing and moving violently. I'm concerned that damage that the repair shop might not be able to see or may not be visible at all (metal fatigue) may cause towing under Max load to be dangerous.my truck is a 2010 GMC sierra 1500XXXXX
Category: Car
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Jack :

Hello, my name is Jack (MR.PUTTPUTT). I will do my best to assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your truck. being in the automotive and small engine business for several years and have done autobody for 20 years, if the shops are saying that it is possible the frame is bent the only way besides visual inspection is when it is put on a frame alignment machine/stand if they do not see visual stress and the alignment of the frame is not off then the frame should not be bent, truck frames are made to take a lot of stress but yours is a 2 wheel 1/2 frame and is not as heavy as a 3/4 or 1 ton frame. you will have to trust in the body/repair shop that they are going to do the job correctly, if the adjuster says the frame is not bend and a body shop says it is the adjuster is not the one doing the job and they have to go by the repair shop.

Customer:

So would you think putting it under Max load would be advisable if the shop says its fine?

Jack :

if the shop says that the unit is up to the quality standards of the truck then yes it should be fine. is the shop a reliable shop in your area, get some reviews and check around if the shop is putting their name on the repair then I would have the peace of mind that the techs did their job and did it the correct way. if they are a well respected place they are not going to risk tarnishing the name of the business by putting out sub par work.

Jack :

did I address your concerns?

Jack :

please let me know if you have more questions or if I have addressed the issues you have please rate and accept the answer I strive for excellence thank you.

Jack, Auto Service Technician
Experience: I have been an automotive technician for over 15 years and have worked on most makes and models.