Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

Ford Trader: hey I have a 1997 ford trader 0407 c/chas truck

hey I have a 1997 ford trader 0407 c/chas truck and need to tow a tandem trailer... the tow bar is on but I need instructions or a diagram on how to wire the both 5 & 7 pin plugs to my truck eg taillights, indacators, brakes etc
Category: Car
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 10 months ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I am in a bit of a rush... Was hoping to do it this mourning sometime... So ASAP if possible...

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 10 months ago.
Hi, my name isXXXXX will post the diagrams below for the 7 pin and the 5 pin,Tim

7-Way Vehicle Diagram
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yeah I have that thank you... I meant how to wire to the truck or join the wires from the plug to the lume in the truck???

are wiring them into the harness at the tailights?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

you know how you have your wires coming from your battery to the rear of the truck under the tray... Then they split in two and go to the back lights yeah.... Is that the harness..?? And if so how and where do I join to the wires for my trailer plug???

at the taillights themself, at the left tail light, you will attach w ire to the yellow wire, this is for left turn signals and left brake light, at the right tail light, you will attach a wire to the green wire, this is for right turn and brake lights, and at either tail light attach a wire to the brown wire, this is for the tail lights, then in the diagram above, it shows where to attach eac of these wires to the trailer connector,Tim
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Ok so you mean run seperate wires from each point in the plug to plug diagram?? Not sure why but I thought near where the harness splits to go to both tail lights you would work out what wire is used for then with the 7 wire cable connected to your plug you would join them in...?? But your way running separate wires what size wire shoul I use??

use a 16 gauge wire
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience: 30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL