Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,

rl: Im having my 1998 acura rl worked on and the battery had

I'm having my 1998 acura rl worked on and the battery had to be disconnected, will that lock my oem radio? And if so how can I unlock it? Thank you for your help

Thank you for using, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

One thing I always wish to try and do is let you know if something comes up and I am not able to reply back right away but this is sometimes something I cannot avoid. I will always try to reply back to you right away however please understand that I may be busy answering another customer back and thus it may sometimes take time to reply back to you. As soon as I return I will be sure to reply back to you as soon as I am able to.

It will only lock it if two things are met, the first is the radio must have a code set on it if not then nothing to worry about, if it does have the code set up then you also have to have complete loss of power, any shop working on the vehicle should have a keep alive plugged in to prevent that from happening.

Now in the event you are locked out and do not have the code on a factory oe radio your only option is to call the dealer if you do not know it or have it written in the manual. As only the dealer can provide that.

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

Bonuses are appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a rating with poor/bad please instead reply back to me via the reply to expert button so that I can try to assist you further. The first two ratings are negative feedback the next three after the first two are positive and only for those 3 do I get a positive rating. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The deposit you placed when you opened the question is only a deposit you can then click one of the ratings for me but again only if you are satisfied and only when you are ready to do so. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer / and have a great day!