cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years

Buick regal supercharged gs: 1999 buick regal supercharged

1999 buick regal supercharged gs - I have an intermittent problem with my driver information center only on the range setting.

When I turn on the ignition, the display says the range is low and the odometer goes to zero. Rather than the milage and the miles to empty. Everything else works fine. The next time I turn on the ignition it might show the milage and show miles to empty on the range.

I have not a clue on how putting gas in it resets everything to the new range numbers or even why the odometer goes to zero. I am sure there is some kind of reset during a fillup or other or even the resetting of the odometer to zero. Not sure of a computer glitch but I haven't done a total computer shutdown and startup disconnecting the battery as yet but the thought is there.

Can you assist me in getting any info on the fuel information center and how it works?
It is just a computer glitch all you need to is reset the computer my 99 deville done the same thing disconnect the negative battery cable for 10.min and it will reset it self and work fine