Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Pontiac Grand Prix GT: Hello I have a question about my 2000

Hello I have a question about my 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix. Recently when I shift from Park into Reverse or Drive, I hear a whining noise as it shifts gear, and when im backing out or going forward at low speeds i hear a "er er er er er er er" sound. It seems to stop if I drive for a long period of time.

This has not happened before it started to get cold and we had a span of heavy rain.

Hi,My name is Tim,

I will do my best to assist you

from the way you explain..it nsounds as if your transmission filter is clogged,,,,the sound you hear i would think ,is the fluid pump starving for fluid...the reason it is better when warm,is that the fluid gets much thinner when warm andgos though rthe clogged filter better

replace the transmission filter

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer,Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help