Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

quick question Ive done the alpina flash on n55 bmw and I am

quick question Ive done the alpina flash on n55 bmw and I am noticing a 299A error showing up ... could it be the new flash or is it always the TCM that is failing... The car runs fine with no noticeable slipping just trying to troubleshoot it a little more. Thanks again!
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this code wasn't an issue before the flash was performed there is a good chance this issue/code was caused by the flash itself.If possible I would try and re flash to see if this corrects the fault as I have seen in some cases on other models when a flash doesn't go through all of the way it can cause this type of fault here.

If this was already attempted or done and the fault is still present let me know.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete