Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Nissan/Datsun primastar: hi i own a 57 reg primastar 19dci,

hi i own a 57 reg primastar 19dci, the battery light & the word stop appeared on the dash display, garage have changed alternator checked the wiring but still the thing is not charging, they have checked that the alternator is the correct one for this van, auto electrician has spent 5 hours checking wiring but still the lights are on the dash & still not charging. no codes showing on the diagnostics machine. please help. thanks.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on this model here but I see no one has responded so I thought I would respond to see if I can help with this here.

I have seen issues like this before and since the alternator was checked as well as wiring and found to be o.k. but you still are not receiving a charge or the alternator is not putting out a charge this usually ends up being the control unit/component that sends the signal to the alternator to tell it to charge.

On some vehicles this can be the engine computer that controls this signal.I would have the electrician obtain the diagram on the charging circuit for this model to see what component signals the alternator to charge then to test this signal to see if the fault is internal in the control unit itself.

Most likely this will be the case wit everything else that has been replaced here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete