Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Porsche 911S: 2005 911S Launch edition 40000 kmsOwned for

2005 911S Launch edition 40000 kms

Owned for 2 months and has always been like Jekyll and Hyde in terms of acceleration. Some days it's like a monster of acceleration(very crisp throttle response) and others it's lagging like only firing on 4 of 6 cylinders. Reacts the same in sport mode. Tried letting warm up change. Tried it change. I don't want to go the mechanics yet, but haven't found decent relevant information in the forums. It reminds of my 2002 M3 when the Vanos unit failed and high power was restricted. Any suggestions?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing I would have done here if this has not is to have the fault codes checked using a scan tool that can communicate with this vehicles computers to see if any codes have set.Once this has been done if any codes have set they can be diagnosed to locate and correct the fault here.

Looking at some info on this model it should have an rpm tuning flap and if the actuations of this flap or not operating properly when this occurs this will cause this issue here.I would start with having the codes checked first to see if there is a code set for the intake assembly or any other components.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete