Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Subaru Legacy 3.0 R: Hi,I have Subaru 3.0 2007, 3 months

Hi, I have Subaru 3.0 2007, 3 months back I face issue with gear when its on N AT oil, cruse,alert is showing on the dash board flickering. also Engine & TRC is appear on the dash board because of the AT Oil Tmp. after few seconds from getting the alert on the dashboard the gear indicator (P-D-N-R) is off and if I place the gear on P it get locked and If I turn off the car I need to wait for 1 min and then power it on otherwise it will not work I took the car to the agency and the did computer check and below are the results:P0705 and P0817.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on this model here but I see no one has responded yet so I thought I would see if I can help here.

After looking at the codes you have here which are P0705 Transmission range sensor circuit and P0817 Starter disable circuit there are some common complaints of rodents chewing into the transmission wiring harness or wiring harness damage leading off of the transmission itself.

If the wiring at the transmission has not been checked yet this should be done to see if the fault can be located.If there is wiring damage present it needs repaired to correct this here.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks alot for your reply, please let me know how many wires needs to be checked and can you guide me how to check it

Unfortunately the info I have on this issue doesn't list the location of the wiring damage as it is posted as various areas on top and under the engine as well as at the transmission so all wiring needs checked over to see if any wiring is found damaged at all.Once located it can be repaired from there.

This can take some time as I have had to trace wiring in the past to locate and correct the short which can take a few hours to do.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks alot, sorry i didnt mean which cable is damaged but i need to know what to tell the workshop to do :) i will ask them to check all engine and gear wiring. what if all wiring is fine what might ciuse this issue.

FYI i communicate with you because subaru service center request me to replace the gear box which i dont believe that my car needs new gear box and thats why i want to know what to do i really apprecaite your support.

This may be an internal electrical fault in the gear box itself but shouldn't require a full replacement.If the wiring is found to be o.k. they need to look into this further to locate the component in the gear box that is causing this fault,it may be the transmission range sensor only that needs replaced and not the entire gear box assembly.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete