Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license

I need to know the rear differential gear ratios of a 2000

I need to know the rear differential gear ratios of a 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 2.5 and a 2000 Suzuki Vitara 2.0. I need to know if I can use the diff from the 2002 Vitara in the 2000 Grand Vitara. Thanks

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX you for allowing me to assist you! What transmissions do these 2 vehicle have. Manual or Auto trans?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, both auto

Ok, thanks Jack. According to my source, the 200 Grand with a 2.5 auto trans is a 4.88 rear differential ratio, and the 2000 2.0 auto is a 4.625 ratio, so they are different. However, if the 2000 Grand isXXXXX then you can use it. But if it isXXXXXyou cannot because the front differential ratio will be 4.88 and if you use the 4.625 in the rear you will damage the transfer case. But if it isXXXXX then go ahead and use it.

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.