Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

suzuki Grand Vitara: HELP .. I have a 2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Customer Question

HELP .. I have a 2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara Vehicle ID JS3TD62V634XXXXXX,
I have been thru a very trying situation with the vehicle not starting and not idling.
within the last three months this issue has been to perhaps 6 different mechanics (and lots of dollars) replacement of fuel injectors, throttle body, and the Idle Air Control. and numerous other parts not documented by shops. One of the main codes during this issue has been P0505.
and others.. Now P0505 has the warning light on. yet the vehicle is running. When I research the IAC part it is confusing which one is correct a AC473 or AC508. I am now suspecting that the wrong one was replaced before. My search on the internet sometimes gives me either one. Help.....
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.
My name is Pete and I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the vehicle starts and runs properly with the accelerator pedal helping the vehicle run with feathering it or pressing on it but it does not run on its own at idle and the IAC has been replaced this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the ECM itself or the wiring between the ECM and IAC possibly.

I have seen internal ECM failures cause issues like this as well as wiring between the IAC and ECM on some models.If the wiring was not checked this needs done.

If you can re check the code number as well and make sure this is a P0505 let me know as my info on this model goes from code P0500 to P0506 and isn't listing a P0505.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

thank you...... I got this code a number of times.. from a shop that replaced the throttle body.. and a friend owns a rather nice reader as compared to my real cheap one.. I hope we can keep chatting during this week I have little time to work on the vehicle... It is running... with the warning light on..... at my next chance will be to check the quality of the connections to the ECM and the IAC...hope to chat some more...

thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Pete does this seem reasonable..??

Reply Sent: NEW!

From:XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Date:Monday, October 28 2013 10:46 AM
Subject:RE: help finding part
The part numbers that you supplied are after market parts. That may be part of the issue. The factoty IAC valve pn 18137-67D00, sells for $382.04.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.
I would start with checking connections at the ECM and IAC as well as wiring between the two and see if the fault is located and let me know.

Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Pete,,, thank you for following up..... and please do again.... right now the vehicle runs quite well. yet the warning light is on and to get the vehicle smogged is impossible...I looked at wiring to components around the throttle body and one connector looks as though the wires took a beating at one time. how do I obtain a detailed schematic of the sensors? I have a computer/electronics background as long as a detailed drawing is available.

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.
You can usually obtain detailed diagrams as well as diagnosis and repair info HERE.They usually charge a fee but the fee is good for your vehicle for one year.

Thanks Pete