sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Land Rover LR3 TDV6 S: Land Rover Discovery 3 LR3 no air from

Customer Question

Land Rover Discovery 3 LR3 no air from demist to front screen. Fan etc all runs and face/foot vents fine.
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you aren't able to switch to defrost there are a few things that could be wrong.

It could be a broken door. There are doors in the heater box which control airflow, the mode or defrost door may be broken or bound up and preventing air from coming from defrost.

It could be a bad actuator. the doors are controlled by electric actuators, if an actuator has stripped or isn't functioning electrically then it will prevent the door from moving.

It could be the control head on the dash or a wiring issue between the control head and actuator.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A list of what it could be is a joke. I realise it could be the control unit the vet stepper motor or the door jammed. The me what I didn't know.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.

I don't know what kind of help you're looking for without communication. What kind of help are you needing?