Technician Chris
Technician Chris, Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.

Mercury Milan: Does Ford have a definite fix for the wrench

Does Ford have a definite fix for the wrench light electronic throttle body safety issue which is the subject of NHTSA Action Number PE 13003?
At this time, the only fix is to replace the throttle body with an updated part. Part number: 9E926. Unfortunately, you have no other option but a visit to the dealer for this because after replacing the part, the PCM (main computer) must be updated with new software which only a dealer can perform. This will usually cost between $450 and $550 for parts and labor. This is very common for newer Ford Escapes, Fusions, and Milans.
Thank you for the positive rating. It is very much appreciated. Please let me know if I can assist further.