Have a Car Question? Ask a Mechanic Online.
I WANT TO BUY THE FOLLOWING PARTS FOR MY HONDA CIVIC 2006 EX SEDAN. WHAT ARE THE SPECS? 1.PISTON AND RINGS 2. FUEL GUAGE 3. DVD NAVIGATOR DISC
I do not need over sized pistons.
is forced induction good for the car? I also need the specs please
PLEASE I CAN'T GO FOR TURBO. EXPENSIVE. THIS IS MY VEHICLE DESCRIBTION; CIVIC | 2006 | 4DR EX or 4DR EX (NAV) | KA 5AT. WHICH OF THIS WILL BEST
WORK? PART NUMBERS INCLUDED BELOW
1.13020-RNA-A00 PISTON SET (OVER SIZE) (0.25)
2. 13010-RNA-A00 PISTON SET (STD)
3. 13011-RNA-A01 RING SET, PISTON (STD) (TEIKOKU)
4. 13021-RNA-A01 RING SET, PISTON (OVER SIZE) (0.25) (TEIKOKU)
5. 13021-RNA-A02 RING SET, PISTON (OVER SIZE) (0.25) (RIKEN)
6. 13011-RNA-A02 RING SET, PISTON (STD) (RIKEN)
This is the same one I have sent you earlier.
PLEASE CAN I USE OVERSIZED PISTON AND RINGS? WHAT IS THE EFFECT? WHICH DO YOU RECOMMEND?
This is also the same one from earlier. I just went through the time to look it up for you
The only time you will use oversized rings is if your engine sleeves have damage and need to be bored out in order to clear up the damage. You would go up one size if the walls are in need of boring. The first upsize is .020 so this will only be required if the walls are damaged to the point of needing boring using a machine bore..
Thanks. my mechanic is suggesting that I replace only the rings and leave the pistons. cos the car is emitting white smoke though just a little. my catalytic converter is bad. is that the cause? or the rings? please
I agree with you 100%. lastly, please give me the part number for the rings to replace as well as part number for the fuel guage sender. ALSO GIVE ME PART NUMBER FOR 020 RINGS FOR SAME CAR.
13011-RNA-A02 is the part number for the rings.
13021-RNA-A02 is the 0.25 over rings which is the actual size they make 1 up.
The fuel sender is Part#: 17047SNAA30
i have another question which i want u to answer
sorry. i was indisposed. are u with me?
Sorry about the delay. please
1. the piston ring 13011 - RNA - A02 link you sent me, i saw that the required quantity is 4, is the price there for just one piece or for the 4 required?
2. My mechanic also want me to buy connecting rod bearing for same car, please what is the part number? also, the quantity required is 8, on same website is the price quoted for one piece or for the 8?
3. since i am replacing piston rings and connecting rod bearing, are there other accompanyig parts necessary?