C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

HONDA CIVIC: I WANT TO BUY THE FOLLOWING PARTS FOR MY HONDA

Customer Question

I WANT TO BUY THE FOLLOWING PARTS FOR MY HONDA CIVIC 2006 EX SEDAN. WHAT ARE THE SPECS? 1.PISTON AND RINGS 2. FUEL GUAGE 3. DVD NAVIGATOR DISC

Category: Car
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 1 year ago.

Are you just replacing the pistons with stock ones? Are you needing oversized pistons for any reason?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not need over sized pistons.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is forced induction good for the car? I also need the specs please

Forced induction is a turbo or supercharger. If you have several thousand to invest and are looking at pushing the car to the next level this is a good way to do it.

The stock compression is 10:5:1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

PLEASE I CAN'T GO FOR TURBO. EXPENSIVE. THIS IS MY VEHICLE DESCRIBTION; CIVIC | 2006 | 4DR EX or 4DR EX (NAV) | KA 5AT. WHICH OF THIS WILL BEST

WORK? PART NUMBERS INCLUDED BELOW

1.13020-RNA-A00 PISTON SET (OVER SIZE) (0.25)

2. 13010-RNA-A00 PISTON SET (STD)

3. 13011-RNA-A01 RING SET, PISTON (STD) (TEIKOKU)

4. 13021-RNA-A01 RING SET, PISTON (OVER SIZE) (0.25) (TEIKOKU)

5. 13021-RNA-A02 RING SET, PISTON (OVER SIZE) (0.25) (RIKEN)

6. 13011-RNA-A02 RING SET, PISTON (STD) (RIKEN)

This is the same one I have sent you earlier.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

PLEASE CAN I USE OVERSIZED PISTON AND RINGS? WHAT IS THE EFFECT? WHICH DO YOU RECOMMEND?

2. 13010-RNA-A00 PISTON SET (STD)

This is also the same one from earlier. I just went through the time to look it up for you

The only time you will use oversized rings is if your engine sleeves have damage and need to be bored out in order to clear up the damage. You would go up one size if the walls are in need of boring. The first upsize is .020 so this will only be required if the walls are damaged to the point of needing boring using a machine bore..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. my mechanic is suggesting that I replace only the rings and leave the pistons. cos the car is emitting white smoke though just a little. my catalytic converter is bad. is that the cause? or the rings? please

I would suspect the rings are the only thing that would need to be replaced. I would have the cylinders inspected when you tear it down. Unless you notice extensive damage to a piston or cylinder wall there is no reason to replace them. The rings will actually cause the catalytic convertor to fail because of the excessive oil smoke that runs through the exhaust system. Replacing the rings will correct all of the problems.

Thanks again!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I agree with you 100%. lastly, please give me the part number for the rings to replace as well as part number for the fuel guage sender. ALSO GIVE ME PART NUMBER FOR 020 RINGS FOR SAME CAR.

Here is the piston ring set you will want- http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~ring~set~piston~13011-RNA-A02.html

13011-RNA-A02 is the part number for the rings.

13021-RNA-A02 is the 0.25 over rings which is the actual size they make 1 up.

The fuel sender is Part#: 17047SNAA30

-http://www.hondapartswebsite.com/OEMParts/honda-126/1/17047SNAA30.html

C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience: Shop training and experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have another question which i want u to answer

Sure let me know.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

sorry. i was indisposed. are u with me?

Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 12 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Sorry about the delay. please

1. the piston ring 13011 - RNA - A02 link you sent me, i saw that the required quantity is 4, is the price there for just one piece or for the 4 required?

2. My mechanic also want me to buy connecting rod bearing for same car, please what is the part number? also, the quantity required is 8, on same website is the price quoted for one piece or for the 8?

3. since i am replacing piston rings and connecting rod bearing, are there other accompanyig parts necessary?