Technician Chris
Technician Chris, Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.

mdx: have a 2004 acura mdx check engine light is on and when

have a 2004 acura mdx check engine light is on and when at a stoplight in the winter the engine stalls off and have to wait a minute and will start. Only in the winter and mostly when engine is warm. Sometimes when engine is cild but not as bad. Can start car usually without problems. list some causes. engine idle is smooth.
What codes are in the system for the check engine light? You can visit any auto parts store and have them read for free. Please list each one and I will assist further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have not done that. Just give me some ideas based on what I have done

Generally a stalling issue, but then restarts is due to a clogged throttle body and / or clogged idle air control valve. These parts get carbon build up in them and can cause the stalling issue you have described. I would recommend to clean out the throttle body and the IAC valve, and if the problem is not resolved, then to replace the IAC valve. You may have another (related or not) issue that has set a check engine light code. If you like, you can go ahead an rate my service today, then we can continue the thread when you do have the codes, and I will assist further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank u for ur reply. Will clean those and see what happens. Thank u Bill

Thank you for the positive rating. It is very much appreciated. Please let me know if I can assist further.