Technician Chris
Technician Chris, Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.

Car surges on acceleration and running at constant speed

Is the check engine light on? If so, what codes are in the system? What is your VIN? I can check to see if you still have a factory warranty or not. Please let me know, and I can assist further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Car has 32200 miles. Check engine light not on. Occasional wrench light is on. Stop and restart engine, wrench light goes off. Vin #
This engine has a very common problem with the throttle body that will give the symptoms you are describing. Your 3year / 36K mile warranty has expired by time (not miles) but fortunately, the throttle body IS covered under the 5 year, 60K miles power train warranty. Wait until the wrench light comes back on, and visit any Ford dealer for a free replacement.
Thank you for the positive rating. It is very much appreciated. Please let me know if I can assist further.