Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Experience:  30 years experience, Repairing, building, & designing, automobiles.

my dometic 2611 was hit by a power surge and killed the 110

my dometic 2611 was hit by a power surge and killed the 110 sie,but still worked on lp for 2 weeks and then quit alltogether,both fuses are good and unit has power thanks

Hi, I am a professional certified mechanic, with an engineering background, and 35+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. Also keep in mind I don't know if you are a pro or a novice, so feel free to add any additional info at any time.

It sounds like a circuit board failure. Electronics techs call this a cascade failure. When a board gets hit with a surge, it can outright fry some parts, and damage others. Often this leaves a crippled circuit board, that has partial function, then as you use it because of the damaged components, further failure occurs, that is the cascade mentioned. Dinosaur electronics makes a replacement circuit board for the Dometic 2611. This replacement circuit board has surge protection built in. The board you need is the Dinosaur Micro P-711, several places sell them, one sources phone number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN or click on the link HERE for multiple sources. Go over all of this and if you have any more questions at all, I am here to help. Good luck with it, have a great day, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I do not get paid for my work unless you rate at 3 to 5 Smiley Faces or Stars, a bonus is always greatly appreciated. If the answer is not clear, let me know what additional help you need, and I will be happy to assist you further.