Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

bo 12-2005 dsl hilux: Hi disconnected my battery to clean terminals

Hi disconnected my battery to clean terminals now radio has no volume .Reading your comments i have to put security code into radio i have been through my warranty and service book found everthing key code etc but no security code This is a 2005 diesel hilux do you know how i can find the code Regards XXXXX XXXXX appreciate your help
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your radio comes on and operates properly and the only fault here is no sound at all this may be an issue with a possible audio amplifier fault or a fuse may have shorted when the battery was disconnected and reconnected.

If you have not checked to see if there are any blown fuses this needs done first,if any are found replace the affected fuses and see if it corrects the fault from there.

If no fuses are blown and the radio is in fact asking for a code you may have to contact the nearest dealer to get the correct code for your exact radio in your vehicle here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete