Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Nissan Patrol: Hi, my 2009 GU patrol (3.0L) surges on take

Hi, my 2009 GU patrol (3.0L) 'surges' on take off and continues to do so at speed. It's almost like a petrol engine 'missing'. Just had its 65,000km service at a Nissan dealer, who replaced a strainer assembly. no perceptible difference before and after. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Rob
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

A surge like this can be caused by an engine misfire with one or more cylinders misfiring possibly due to a mechanical compression issue or loss of fuel to the cylinder.The surge can also be caused by to much air into the engine possibly due to a vacuum leak on the engine.

These are usually most common to cause this type of fault here.If these have not been checked into this needs done to see if one of these is the cause here by having the fuel system tested,vacuum leaks checked for and a compression test.Once the fault is located it can be repaired to correct it from here.

If these have already been checked let me know and we can continue from here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Pete

Your advice was good and has set me in the right direction.

Regards

Rob L

Your welcome.Let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Thanks Pete