Daryl, Shop Owner, Certified Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic

So I want to wire up window motors to control the auger on

So I want to wire up window motors to control the auger on my snowblower. My question is how do I wire up a 2 wire motor so it can run in both directions thus turning the chute left to right?
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your problem. What kind of switch are you planing on using?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok first off let me ask this. Do 2 wire window motors work in either direction by simply reversing the + and the - ? If so do they make a 5 or 6 pole switch that would do that?

Yes all window motors work that way, so yes you are correct you would need a 5 pole switch so that the wires to the motor are grounded and when you rock the switch in each direction the power is supplied to the opposite wires. Below is a link to one of those switches for sale on amazon.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok so how would i wire that up to the switch? Do I need relays or can i run it off of this switch?

All switches are going to be a little different so you would need to get the switch to begin with and many of them come with a diagram to show how they work, you would need a ground and that would ground both wires to the motor, then there would be a power wire and when the switch is rocked one of the wires to the motor would get power, and just the opposite when the switch is rocked in the other direction.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can i direct wire it with that switch or do i need to use a relay?

It really depends on the switch you buy, if the switch will handle 15 amps or more then you do not need a relay.