sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

mondaeo ford v6: I have a mondaeo 2000 v6 can not open drivers

I have a mondaeo 2000 v6 can not open drivers door

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although this vehicle is not in my area of greatest expertise I would like to try to help.

If the door cannot be opened from the inside or outside then most likely you have a failed latch.

If something had gotten caught in the door when closing then it could be stuck because of that, in which case it would be a matter of pulling the handle and then using enough force to pop it open, a helper pushing from the inside and someone pulling from the outside would be a good idea.

If nothing was accidentally closed in the door then there is a mechanical issue. Assuming the door closes correctly with no adjustment issues then the most likely cause would be a failed latch. What would need to be done is remove the door trim panel while the door is closed, access the latch and linkage for inspection. If all linkage is intact then the problem will be the latch and it will need to be broken up/dismantled enough to get to the pawl, rotate it and release the door.