K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

mdx: on a 07 MDX, I need to know how to tap into the fuel pump

on a 07 MDX, I need to know how to tap into the fuel pump wire (need pictures of where the wire is and STEPS to get to it) so I can run it through a toggle switch then hide the switch so only I know where it is so that the car won't start if hot wired. It's for anti-theft purpose. On my last question, the expert did a terrible job of writing me a ten word answer referring me to a device I already knew existed.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

You have been waiting an excessive amount on us techs to help you out, for that I am sorry. First off before I go into detail in an answer or an info request. I need to know, do you still need help? I realize you have been waiting a while and in some cases customers had to seek help elsewhere and or they solved the concern on there own. I and the website are sorry you had to wait, we do want to earn your business and have you log off with a great experience.

You are more than welcome to relist if you would like, do realize if you relist this will delay me replying to you even more. Also let me know your skill level so I can tailor my response to fit your needs. I work the evening shift, so that is when I will respond.

Thanks Chris.

>

>

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm still waiting for a response.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
no answer received
Hello, the easiest way to accomplish this will be to tap the toggle switch into the power feed to the fuel pump at the fuel pump control module.

The module is located on the drivers side of the rear trunk area. You'll need to pull out the trim panel to see it.

You want to cut the wire going to pins 7 of the connector. This is a red wire that feeds power to the fuel pump. Take each cut end and run it to the toggle switch, I suggest using 14 gauge wire. I'll post pictures below for you, If you need further assistance just let me know.

K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you K. Wiggins. I like your idea. Can you show me with a picture which trim panel I need to remove? There's no removing the seat, is there?

Sure thing, it's the panel in the cargo area on the drivers side. You'll need to remove the floor trim and a few other things to get to it. Copy an paste the link below into your web browser to see all the instructions.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103900598/MDX%20trim.pdf
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. This helps greatly.

You're welcome, If you run into any problems feel free to reply back.