Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Hyundai Sonata: 2007 Hyundais rear window brake light has

2007 Hyundai's rear window brake light has burned a hole in the fabric covering below the back window behind the headrest. What caused this and how do I fix it.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually this can be caused by the bulb itself being to hot or to bright to high of an amperage bulb.If the incorrect bulb was installed in this light assembly this will cause this here.If this was the factory installed bulb I recommend contacting a dealer to see if they have any new updates on this bulb or common issues with this occurring as there may be warranty coverage for this issue if this is a defect from the manufacturer.

To fix this of course a lower wattage bulb should be installed (if possible) and the components damaged would need replaced.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, I'll take your advice and let you know how it goes.

Sounds good.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete