sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Saturn ION-3: Anthony I am having the same problem with my

Anthony I am having the same problem with my Saturn 3 the chimes for signal lights, hazard, seatbelts and doors stopped working just started happening a few days ago I called the dealership and the guy told me that it's something in the computer what does he mean by that also they just changed the cover of my emergency break could that be the cause of the problem?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The chime is an internal part of the body control module on your car. The BCM is a module that controls most of the electrical features on the car. It's located under the dash forward of the shifter. If the chime has stopped working then the BCM would need to be replace, it really shouldn't be related to anything with the emergency brake since it's a contained, internal part of the BCM.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yesterday all my chimes started working, my door my signals everything I really don't want to take the car to the dealership mechanics if everything's working so I'm going to wait to see if it happens again. Thanks for your explanation.

Great! Hopefully it will stay working then and you won't have to spend any money on it.