Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

navara d40: i have a 2007 navara d40 2.5l 6 speed manual .

i have a 2007 navara d40 2.5l 6 speed manual . we are travelling aus and the car is loaded and we also tow a large caravan.i have noticed in the last few months when we are under load (up larger hills)it starts to come up a little on the temp guage.we have been travelling for the last 3 years and it never has done this before.no leaks and serviced every 5000 ks
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

There are some common components or causes for this issue here.First if the thermostat isn't opening/operating properly this type of fault will occur here.I have had to replace a faulty thermostat for this issue before.

I would also check and make sure the radiator fins are not bent or damaged or any restrictions to air flow through the radiator due to debris build up.

I would also check and make sure the cooling fan for the engine/radiator is operating properly.

In some cases this can also be caused by a restriction in the coolant system.If you do replace or have the thermostat replaced I recommend a coolant flush at the same time to free up and remove any debris build up in the coolant system.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete