Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Mazda 3 I: 2010 Mazda 3 Sedan......I am having problems with

2010 Mazda 3 Sedan......I am having problems with the BOSE factory stereo. First the sound would come and go. Now it is just a loud noise across the speakers. It got so bad I had to completely unplug the amp to cut off all sound to the speakers. I assume that one of the antenna/stereo ground wires is lose. But everywhere I look over the internet I can't find out where the location of the grounds are. PLEASE HELP!
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like either one of the speakers or speaker wires are shorted/grounded causing this issue here or the audio amplifier itself is faulty causing this noise issue.I have seen both on other models cause faults like this here.

I would inspect the speakers and speaker wiring and disconnect all speakers to see if the noise is then gone reconnecting one speaker at a time.If you come across one speaker that causes the noise this indicates the speaker itself is at fault needing replaced.

If all wiring and speakers are o.k. I suspect an internal electrical fault in the amplifier itself needing replaced.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete