Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes
10437779

Land Rover Range Rover Sport: Hi I have a 2007 RRS and without

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2007 RRS and without warning the radio screen will read ""vehicle fault system shutting down"and the entire center pod and dash will shut down. car continues to run with no turn signals but the flasher s come on. shut off the car and it will not restart, give 20 - 30 mins and it will restart. So far reprogrammed the BeCM and started letting the system check complete itself before turning the key. that has solved the bulk of the problem.... now it only shuts down while driving for a minute or less and the wait time with a no start is less than 3-4 mins.. any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any assist you can provide.
Category: Car
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Did the dealer reprogram the BCM? Was the dealer able to verify the problem happening? DId they say there was communication fault codes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
BCM reprogrammed. Dealer witnessed error but mentioned that they couldn't replicate. I brought to my local mechanic and he said there were several fault codes. He erased and reset but I'm back to same problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Ok your problem is caused by a problem with the medium speed CAN shutting down. The MS CAN is the network in which the body and electrical control modules communicate on. Diagnosing this without a Land Rover tool is almost impossible. I can tell you that I have run into this before and it was actually an issue with the instrument cluster. What needs to be done is either have the faults read with the Rover tool or a digital multimeter can be used checking the voltage on the MS CAN wires to see if the faulty module or circuit can be isolated.