Technician Chris
Technician Chris, Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.

lexus rx300: Hi, I have a 1999 Lexus 300rx.The heat is

I have a 1999 Lexus 300rx.

The heat is not heating. If the AC condenser is on (i put it on to help defog the windows), no matter what temperature I have it set on, it comes out freeaing cold. (set to max hot). If I turned off the AC condenser, the air got about the temperature outside. (of course windows fogged up).

Is this something you can put your finger on right off the bat?
The issue is the temperature blend door is not switching from A/C to heat. This is a common problem on your vehicle as the motor that controls it goes out. The part is about $180 from the dealer, but it is not easy to access. It is located inside of the dash, specifically in the evaporator case. What is does is direct hot or cold air to your vents depending on what you select at the control head. Typically this is about a $700 - $800 job if done at a Lexus dealer. I wish I had better news for you, but like I said, this is a common problem on this vehicle.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for your answer. Is it at all possible that it would make a bunch of noise too? Or is that some other annoying issue?

It very well could make a clicking noise. What happens is that the motor that drives the blend door is still good, but the plastic part inside of it breaks, so the motor is not longer physically connected to the door itself. This will cause a clicking noise or a hum noise because the motor will just run and run.
Thank you for the positive rating. It is very much appreciated. Please let me know if I can assist further.