Edward, Service Technician
Experience:  20 + years experience on various makes and models.

Cadillac CTS: 2005 Cadillac cts 3.6

2005 Cadillac cts 3.6 while drive at around 10mph across bumps the left front wheel area is making a terrible knocking or clunking sound, car only has 60,000 miles on it. maybe a

Rattle or chatter noise heard from front of vehicle at slow speeds over bumps

Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do all I can to help.

Usually this noise is caused by the sway bar links in the front over bumps. Have you checked your sway bar links yet? for any play and tightness?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the links appears to be ok, I thought i read something about a TSB or recall on this issue, and any other ideas

Does it make the noise if you bounce the car up and down in the front while parked Phillip?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alright, take the sway bar link off that side and see if it still does it, hard to know with those things. If it still does it, I would suspect the strut is loose on the inside, or the control arm bushings. Chasis ears are the recommended way to diagnose per GM on front end noises, but, if you can get your hand on different components (be careful) while somebody bounces it, and see if you can "feel" the knocking noise. That is one way to go about isolating it. I suspect if it does it without the sway bar link on it, then it's probably the strut, or the control arm bushings. I didn't see any direct TSB's associate with this particular issue.