Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Audi A2: Hi I have bought an RNS-E radio off ebay and I was

Hi I have bought an RNS-E radio off ebay and I was given a pin which was the last four digits of the serial which worked fine until I ran an update of the latest dvd maps after the update I was asked for the pin when I entered the pin it said it was incorrect I asked the seller and he informed me that that was the only pin he ever used and didn't have any other pin? My serial number AUZBZ7E1114203 the Vin from the seller is WAUZZZ8E46A012864

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here it sounds like the update has caused an issue with the pin here to where the radio no longer accepts the regular pin number.What I suggest from here is to contact the nearest dealer and let them know what has happened and give them the digits of the serial number to see if they can retrieve any other pin numbers for this or if they have a procedure on how to correct this here.The software update caused an issue with the radio not recognizing the original pin meaning the fault is in the update that has caused this here.

If a dealer is unable to assist with this here let me know.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I did call my nearest dealer but they said I need to pay a fee of 40 pounds which I think is ridiculous as I have all the information they need all they need to do is look it up on there computer system also I don't think they liked the fact that I bought the item from a breakers and I am not the owner of the original car that it came with why I don't know??

Thats unfortunate they want to charge a fee for this but I have seen some do this and I have seen others not.Unfortunately this is the only way I know of to get this operating again.It definitely sounds like the update caused this issue.If you didn't let the dealer know that their update or the manufacture update caused this I would mention this as this may be something the manufacture covers due to the common issue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Pete thanks

Your welcome.I wish I had better info on this here.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help above when your ready.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately in this case I got an answer I already Knew it was through a forum that I was told I could get the pin but I guess not this time round.

I apologize I didn't have any more info for you on this here.If there is anything else I can do here let me know.

Thanks Pete