Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic
Experience:  25+ years experience as an auto mechanic.

Land Rover Discovery: Mike,I have a 2001 land rover discovery.

Customer Question

I have a 2001 land rover discovery. I am locked out, my key doesn't work and I don't have the keyless entry. My
battery hookup has been loose and has popped off once before and I believe it has happened again only this time I had all the windows up and doors locked. What can I do? Can I release the hood from the outside someway? Any advice would be great!
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike S. replied 3 years ago.

So I am assuming either the battery is dead or disconnected or loose? If them door locks are electric and that is why they are not unlocking, I assume you could hook a battery charger up at the starter positive post and even if the battery is disconnected, hopefully the charger will still be able to unlock the door, that is assuming the circuit does make a path to it while not having to be via the battery.

I'll see if I can confirm that in a wiring diagram.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 3 years ago.
Yes, it should work, the big cable going to the starter hooks to the battery positive and so does the wire leading to all the fuses.