Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

I have a 2001 land rover discovery 2,v 8 engine.The vehicle

I have a 2001 land rover discovery 2,v 8 engine.The vehicle can't start.we started the vehicle with the immobilizer on at home,it was just cranking,later it even stopped cranking.Our immobilizer on and off on the key is damaged,the buttons have come out.we have removed the battery terminals,because of the hazards indicators which are ever on. What do we do in this case?
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.

If the key FOB is damaged then if a Land Rover type scan tool is available, check for the alarm arming and reset it. If your without a scan tool, you should be able to get the emergency access code from the dealer and enter it in using the driver door lock cylinder. If unable to disarm the alarm, a new key fob will need to be ordered and programmed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear ron,

Sorry for late reply.I was still thinking,what to do.kindly send me the procedure on how to programme the new key fob and how to enter emergence access code.

best regards peter

Peter the programming will need to be done with Land Rover scan tool only available thru the Dealer.