Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Saab 9.3: Hazard lights come on randomly on my 2010 Saab 9-3.

Hazard lights come on randomly on my 2010 Saab 9-3. How can I stop this from happening?
Thank you in advance.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One common issue that can occur in some cases that I have seen on other models in the past is the hazard warning switch itself can short out or fail internally and cause the hazard lights to turn on like this.In some cases you can press and cycle the hazard switch several times off and on and this may free up the switch and turn off these lights.Being that the switch is part of the ac/heater control panel most likely this switch is unable to be unplugged to bypass it as this will also disconnect the heater and ac system.The switch also sends a signal to the body control module and other components to operate the hazards so there isn't a relay that can be unplugged to by pass this as well.

I would try with the switch pressing it off and on to see if you can get it to disengage.If this does not work then further diagnosis would need to be done to locate if the switch for sure is at fault or if this is another component causing this then repaired from there to correct it.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete