Technician Chris
Technician Chris, Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.
29613880

ACURA MDX: passenger side window be converted auto

Can an ACURA 2004 MDX passenger side window be converted to automatic up and down.  I would like to just install an auto switch on the passenger side, just as it is on the driver side...will this work

Unfortunately no. Not only is the switch different, but the window motor is different also, and you can't just buy another driver side window motor to mount in the pass. side door because it won't physically fit. The window motor is timed to know when it reaches full down and full up. We actually get this question a lot, and if there was some way to do it, I would have done it on my person vehicles. Very few cars actually come w/ auto windows on more than just the driver's window.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks ASE Master, so I would have to config the internal motor function and switch for this capability to be functional. Good thought, but not worth the time and money! Thanks...faithful ACURA MDX driver

Please do leave me a good feedback rating if you feel I have assisted in this manor. It would be much appreciated.

Thank you for the positive rating. It is very much appreciated. Please let me know if I can assist further.