Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL

land rover range rover: to replace spark plugs and fan belt

Customer Question

to replace spark plugs and fan belt in a 2010 range rover
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX you looking for the procedure for replacing these?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

yes I want to Know how to get asses to the spark plugs and fan belt in order to replace I open the hood and I don't know where to start

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.
ok, for the spark plugs, you must remove the engine cover on top, and then the coil covers on each valve cover, then each coil is removed from the spark plugs to access the plugs, i will post the procedure for this below,Tim

Ignition Coil-On-Plug

Service Repair No - 18.20.44

Removal

1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
  2. Remove the engine cover.
  3. Remove the ignition coil cover.
    • Release from the 2 clips.

1. Disconnect the ignition coil-on-plug electrical connector.

1. Remove the ignition coil-on-plug.
    • Remove the bolt.
    • Remove and discard the seal.

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.
as for the belt, you need to insert a 3/8 rachet or breaker bar into the tensioner, and rotate it clockwise to release tension on the belt, and then the belt is easily removed and replaced as in the picture below,Tim

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I removed the engine cover and don't see any coil cover and I don't see how to get acces to the fan belt

look the picture and let me know what I have to do first to acces to the spark plugs

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.
that picture is preety blurry, which engine do you have in this?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I don't know the car is 2010 Range Rover Sport HSE I send you a new picture I hop is Better

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.
does it have a supercharger?