Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Chev Cobalt LS: 2005 Chev Cobalt 2.2ltr eng. Showing a DTC

2005 Chev Cobalt 2.2ltr eng. Showing a DTC of P0102 indicting the MAF sensor circuit. AllDtat trouble shooting guide sys that there should b 100hz or more for it to be good. However my scan tool (Blue Point Microscan) is providing me data in lbs/sec (showing 0.4) at idle. Cn you tell from this if the MAF sensor is bad? BTW - this problem started after the car battery died and was replaced; also, the traction control is off and shifts are a little hard............. I would appreciate your thoughts. Tx.

R/
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. This code sets when PCM detects less then 100htz from maf. The only other thing besides the maf that could cause this code is the PCM, wiring, or connector. Give maf connector a good visual inspection and if good replace sensor. Let me know how it goes or if you run onto qu3estions, thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The connection was good and replaced the sensor. Problem remained. I pulled the wiring schematics and traced the problems back to the fuse box where I located the problem. I should have done that first wand would have saved $30 bucks..................