DaveTheCarGuy
DaveTheCarGuy, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  AAS in Automotive Technology.

Isuzu Rodeo: I have a 1998 Isuzu Rodeo LS V6-3.2L I was getting

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Isuzu Rodeo LS V6-3.2L
I was getting code PO453 FTPS pressure to high, I checked the purge valve and it was working fine. I then dropped the fuel tank and replaced the FTPS pt#SU1390 mfg by Wells Vehicle Electronics. I had also read that a bad ground could also cause that code, so I tapped the ground wire and ran it to the chassis. up on running the vehicle about 38 miles Check engine light came on, I then got code PO452 FTPS (Pressure To Low) so I removed the secondary ground cleared the codes and about 30 miles later I got the same code back (PO452)
Question: By getting PO453 then replacing the FTPS and then getting PO452 dose this combination give you any clue as to where or what the real problem is?
Category: Car
Expert:  DaveTheCarGuy replied 9 months ago.

DaveTheCarGuy :

Hello and thank you for using just answer.com

DaveTheCarGuy :

May name is XXXX XXX I will try to help you today.

DaveTheCarGuy :

The fuel tank pressure sensor is very sensitive to pressure changes. It is possible that a leak was made during the installation of the new FTPS. did you use any sealant when installing the sensor?

DaveTheCarGuy :

Also, as far as your original issue, was the gas cap checked/replaced? If the vent in the gas cap goes bad, it can cause the PO0453 code (or the PO452 code if it fails open).

Expert:  DaveTheCarGuy replied 8 months ago.
Hello Robert,

Just checking in to see if you've resolved you fuel tank pressure issue.

Thanks,
Dave

P.S. Don't forget to rate my answers : )
Hi Robert,

Just checking in to see how our issue is going.

Thanks,
Dave
Hi Robert,

Have you been able t fix your vehicle? Le me know if you have any follow up questions. Please don't forget to rate my answers.

Dave