DaveTheCarGuy, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  AAS in Automotive Technology.

Isuzu Rodeo: I have a 1998 Isuzu Rodeo LS V6-3.2L I was getting

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Isuzu Rodeo LS V6-3.2L
I was getting code PO453 FTPS pressure to high, I checked the purge valve and it was working fine. I then dropped the fuel tank and replaced the FTPS pt#SU1390 mfg by Wells Vehicle Electronics. I had also read that a bad ground could also cause that code, so I tapped the ground wire and ran it to the chassis. up on running the vehicle about 38 miles Check engine light came on, I then got code PO452 FTPS (Pressure To Low) so I removed the secondary ground cleared the codes and about 30 miles later I got the same code back (PO452)
Question: By getting PO453 then replacing the FTPS and then getting PO452 dose this combination give you any clue as to where or what the real problem is?
Category: Car
Expert:  DaveTheCarGuy replied 3 years ago.

DaveTheCarGuy :

Hello and thank you for using just

DaveTheCarGuy :

May name is Dave and I will try to help you today.

DaveTheCarGuy :

The fuel tank pressure sensor is very sensitive to pressure changes. It is possible that a leak was made during the installation of the new FTPS. did you use any sealant when installing the sensor?

DaveTheCarGuy :

Also, as far as your original issue, was the gas cap checked/replaced? If the vent in the gas cap goes bad, it can cause the PO0453 code (or the PO452 code if it fails open).

Hello Robert,

Just checking in to see if you've resolved you fuel tank pressure issue.

P.S. Don't forget to rate my answers : )
Hi Robert,

Just checking in to see how our issue is going.

Expert:  DaveTheCarGuy replied 2 years ago.
Hi Robert,

Have you been able t fix your vehicle? Le me know if you have any follow up questions. Please don't forget to rate my answers.