Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

In your estimation what is the safest sedan on the market.

In your estimation what is the safest sedan on the market. 2013 no higher then $40,000.
One that has an alert in case of a problem in traffic in front of you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 11 months ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX will be a hard question to answer, there are several depending on the luxury you want , one of the safest is the 2013 Honda accord, but it does not have the co;;ision avoidance that some of the more expensive cars have, the Nissan altima does have the collision avoidance as an option, but I would pick the Honda over the Nissan, just on reliabilty, what luxury level are you looking for?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

is there one at a higher price with collision avoidance? I am concerned about a false alert. Do they really work? Also the blind spot option would be an added concern.

Thanks sue

Yes, the honda accord EX-L touring has the collision avoidance as an option, it only gives an audible and visual alarm, and they work very well, the 2013's can be bpought for about 34k, so this is well under your budget, and this vehicle is rated as one of the top 5 for safety in 2013,Tim
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

How about the blind spot option? What would be the next higher priced car with a best safety marks?

the Honda EX-L touring has the blind spot option, this is the highest level to go on the Honda accord, if you want more luxury, then you would have to step up to the Acura line, which is also made by honda, but these are going to be about 10k higher,Tim
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience: 30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL