DaveTheCarGuy, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  AAS in Automotive Technology.

GMC: 08 tahoe changed knock sensors still have code for knock

08 tahoe changed knock sensors still have code for knock sensor bank 1
Hello and thank you for using

I'm going to try and help you with this one, but I need some more information. What is the code that you have? Is it the same code that you had at the beginning? Any other issues with the vehicle that could be related (runs rough, doesn't accelerate, etc..)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It ran a little sluggish but after changing both knock sensors it ran great drove it for 10 miles no light went and parked turn key back on same code again
What is the code?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did you reset the PCM after replacing the sensor, or did you replace the sensor and the light hasn't gone away yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I cleared it out
The cause is most likely a bad connection. Double check the wiring for corrosion or damage. The placement of the sensor makes it very susceptible for water damage to the sensor or the wiring.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will recheck but everything looked find snapped together easy the bank 1 side the bolt didn't seem that tight to me I thought that might be the reason the light came on but car is real clean Las Vegas area nut much rain or rust very little humidity
When you pull the connector out, use a small screwdriver or pin to bend the contact out so it makes a more positive connection with the sensor. Knock sensors are very low voltage and even a slightly poor contact can cause issues.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok I will let u know

Just checking back to see if you resolved your knock sensor code issue. Let me know if you have more questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it went off the next day thank you